CMI Entrance Exams
Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. Founded in 1989 as part of the SPIC Science Foundation, it has been an autonomous institute since 1996.
The research groups in Mathematics and Computer Science at CMI are among the best known in the country. The Institute has nurtured an impressive collection of PhD students.
In 1998, CMI took the initiative to bridge the gap between teaching and research in India by starting BSc and MSc programmes in Mathematics and allied subjects. Students who have graduated from CMI have gone on to join leading institutions throughout the world.
detailed maths syllabus
- real number, rational number, irrational number, prime number, prime factorization, divisibility, congruence, fermat's theorem
- quadratic equations, polynomials, roots, graphs of polynomials,HCF, complex numbers and geometry
- triangles, circles, quadrilaterals, regular polygons, advanced geometry
- trigonometric ratios, compound angles, multiple angles, sub-multiple angles, identities, property of triangles
- sets, relations, mappings, probability, geometric probability, combinatorics, permutation, combination, pigeon hole principle
- introduction to co-ordinate geometry, staright lines, pair of straight lines, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola
- functions, trigonometric functions of the unit circle, logarithmic functions, exponential functions, other analytic functions
- differentiation, limit, continuity, integrations, area, volumes, tangents, maxima minima.
- surds, indices, logarithm, binomial theorem, exponential series, logarithmic series, sine series, cosine series, sequence, functional equations .