Welcome to Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), a unique institution devoted to the research, teaching and application of statistics, natural sciences and social sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931, the institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959.
detailed maths syllabus
- real number, rational number, irrational number, prime number, prime factorization, divisibility, congruence, fermat's theorem
- quadratic equations, polynomials, roots, graphs of polynomials,HCF, complex numbers and geometry
- triangles, circles, quadrilaterals, regular polygons, advanced geometry
- trigonometric ratios, compound angles, multiple angles, sub-multiple angles, identities, property of triangles
- sets, relations, mappings, probability, geometric probability, combinatorics, permutation, combination, pigeon hole principle
- introduction to co-ordinate geometry, staright lines, pair of straight lines, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola
- functions, trigonometric functions of the unit circle, logarithmic functions, exponential functions, other analytic functions
- differentiation, limit, continuity, integrations, area, volumes, tangents, maxima minima.
- surds, indices, logarithm, binomial theorem, exponential series, logarithmic series, sine series, cosine series, sequence, functional equations .